|DRAFT||This page is a work-in-progress intended for review. Direct editing of this page is discouraged. Please help improve the draft by asking questions or making suggestions on the discussion page.|
Alea Iacta Est is a “big tent” communiy that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The community is one that values mutual respect and courtesy. All members, officers, and agents of Alea Iacta Est are expected to abide by these policies. If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies and you don’t think you can resolve the issue on your own, let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers of the appropriate game or the Alea Iacta Est Council.
Policies in this section are common to all divisions of Alea Iacta Est.
- These standards of behavior apply to member’s interactions with other members, other players outside the Alea Iacta Est, and game staff.
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game divisions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members may not harass other members, players, or game staff. If a player or staff member asks you to cease contact or interaction, please respect his or her wishes.
- All members must abide by the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service (ToS), and any other usage agreements within all games which Alea Iacta Est maintains a presence.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters actions. If your friend or family member logs onto your account and violates our policy, you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the Alea Iacta Est officers by sending e-mail to the appropriate officer e-mail address or to the Alea Iacta Est Council.
Policies in this section are default policies for divisions of Alea Iacta Est. They may be modified or overridden within individual game divisions.
- Members should refrain from discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the Alea Iacta Est forums, game chat, or on voice services. These topics tend to be inflammatory due to the large and diverse makeup of the guild. If you decide to participate in such discussions in which people may become insulted or feel threatened, be prepared to face the possibility of immediate expulsion from the guild. You are more than welcomed to take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the FrogPants forums, or private voice services of your choice.
Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in the role-playing channel on the Ventrilo server,in private chat, or at events planned specifically for role-playing.