The Timeline of AIEU
This page is a living document. Due to the lack of a proper corp historian until April 2014, many corporate details have been lost, but work is underway in uncovering significant events in corp history.
Due to our long and extended stay with TEST between the years of 2010 and 2013, Dreddit's Corporation History can be used as a reference for what we were doing as well, and alliance-level events such as deployments and staging applies to AIE.
- 1 AIEU Timeline
- 1.1 2010
- 1.2 2011
- 1.3 2012
- 1.4 2013
- 1.5 2014
- 1.6 2015
- 2010-06-16 A few days before his account is set to expire, Stigg Cooperii invites members of the popular WoW guild Alea Iacta Est on Earthen Ring-US to join with him in EVE. He did not anticipate this would really lead anywhere. Historians mark this era of AIEU as the First Reign of Stigg.
- 2010-08-25 Volare Enterprises wardeccs AIEU. AIEU is shocked, and everyone panics.
- 2010-08-27 Raup creates a six-minute audio segment for the AIE Podcast detailing on how people can join and check out the game. There is much concern from our WoW brethren that we are a "Gallente corporation" and that only Gallente can join. There is also much concern about how AIE has gotten itself wardecced, and how people should "be careful" about undocking because of it. Little does Raup know what these audio segments will inspire.
- 2010-10-26 AIEU joins TEST Alliance Please Ignore, after leading a fleet filled with industrials and various commodities to the TEST staging system and getting utterly destroyed.
- 2010-11-02 The GM Lelouch Incident -- TEST Alliance wardecs CCP
- 2010-11-25 Stigg changes the tax rate from 5 to 10 percent on Thanksgiving Day, indicating his style of rule as iron-fisted and draconian.
- 2010-11-27 AIEU acquires sovereignty in QA1-BT in Cloud Ring
- 2010-12-07 World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released. AIEU sees some drop in activity due to the expansion and people returning to the mother guild, but things pick up again in relative short order.
- 2010-12-14 Warak Soal sends a request to logistics director Lars Gagner to move some items through 0.0 with his freighter. This does not seem like a bad idea at the time.
- 2010-12-22 Lars successfully moves some items through 0.0 space in a regular freighter. On the return trip, AIEU loses its first freighter, an Obelisk.
- Late December: At around this time, AIEU more or less officially adopts the motto "What can possibly go wrong." This is intended as a statement, not as a question.
- Early January - conquest of Fountain continues pretty much unopposed.
- Early January - Lars loses another freighter in 0.0 space.
- 2011-01-07 The tax rate increases from 10 percent to 50 percent in a mad act of despotism by the CEO
- 2011-01-11 Relenting, the CEO lowers the tax rate back to 10 percent.
- 2011-01-15 The inaugural episode of the Cap Stable Podcast is released. Eldacar, Sophellia, Vezketh, and Stigg star on the first episode. Stigg shamelessly steals Randydeluxe's opening line from The Instance as his introduction. The hosts talk about what they've been doing, some of the news happening in EVE, and planetary interaction. This template of the show really never changes.
- 2011-01-23 AIE acquires 5-D82P, 3WE-KY, IR-WT1, and Y-1W01 in Fountain
- 2011-01-24 We immediately transfer all this sov to Dreddit
- 2011-01-25 Siege of 6VDT-H begins and is talked about on Episode 3 of Cap Stable by tukucommin
- 2011-01-28 The tax rate is increased to 15 percent, and never goes lower during the first reign of Stigg
- 2011-01-31 TEST and allies take the 6VDT-H station and system without a fight, ending the siege.
- 2011-02-06 AIEU captures 00GD-D and transfers it to Dreddit
- 2011-02-08 Realizing that sov bills are really, really, really expensive, AIEU transfers QA1-BT to Dreddit, and never holds a sov system again. Really, sov bills are expensive.
- 2011-02-11 TEST starts moving all of its stuff to the new home in Fountain.
- 2011-02-14 TEST takes Y-2ANO, the last remaining IT station in Fountain.
- 2011-02-05 The hosts of Cap Stable talk about the quickly approaching Hulkageddon IV, debating its merit.
- 2011-04-05 TEST leadership decided to deploy from 6VDT to LIWW for no good reason.
- 2011-04-05 Also, the Cap Stable feed and website experience catastrophic failure.
- 2011-04-16 With the assistance of Xystance from Dreddit, Warak leads a hot-drop-o-clock to great effect.
- 2011-04-19 Eldacar begins winning at EVE, and Stigg replaces him as a co-host on the podcast.
- 2011-04-28 Episode of 8 of Cap Stable is released, and the show begins to slowly pod fade. Documentation of corp activity begins to decrease as well, leading to the Great Dark Age of AIEU
- 2011-07-31 The Running of the Johnsons occurs.
- 2011-09-12 TEST deploys from 6VDT-H to Y-2ANO to bring the fight closer to Delve.
- 2011-10-14 Chat logs are released over a SnL Titan venture gone wrong. Ibohatram is thought to not exist, despite being totally real, and loses quite a bit of money in the ordeal.
- 2011-10-26 The last post from Cap Stable 1.0 is released. The podcast has completely pod faded.
- 2011-12-26 The invasion of the Vale of the Silent begins. Historians agree that this was terrible.
- 2012-01-07 TEST realizes the Vale deployment is the worst thing ever and re-deploys to Geminate.
- 2012-03-01 Taxillus Transstellar is founded, and a contingent of AIEU folks go live in highsec and lowsec for some time.
- 2012-04-28 The Mittani's 30 day ban expires, and the first Burn Jita occurs.
- 2012-05-01 The Delve "gudfights" campaign begins for TEST. This ends poorly for the residents of Delve.
- 2012-05-08 StupidGenius Charante starts playing EVE Online, and is generally much better at it than all of us.
- 2012-05-23 Drewson "Hoots" Houten starts playing EVE, gets stuck on the mining tutorial for over three hours, and swears off mining forever.
- 2012-05-27 Lanctharus Onzo starts up EVE again. He quickly becomes a disciple of tukucommin.
- The newblooded Taxil crew meet Kuda Timberline, an on-again off-again EVE industrialist who is affiliated with the AIE community.
- 2012-06-19 The Delve "gudfights" campaign ends with the arrival of the CFC, further escalating the conflict into an obvious sov grab.
- Sometime in July: The CFC withdraws from the Delve campaign.
- 2012-07-20 TEST officially withdraws from the CFC.
- 2012-09-02 Stigg begins winning at EVE and hands the reigns of CEO over to Rahst Slyvanesti. The Era of Rahst begins, earning us mountains of revenue with minimal interference from alliance politics.
- 2012-09-25 Mists of Pandaria for World of Warcraft is released. The Great Lull of AIEU begins, effectively killing Taxillus Transstellar, as former WoW players go back to try out the new expansion.
- Early November: the elements of the CFC such as FA and TEST reset one another.
- Late December: Taxil closes up shop and goes into corporate stasis. The remaining members migrate out to nullsec and transfer to AIEU, reuniting the corporations once again.
- Montolio begins making murmurs about war with the CFC.
- Early January: All out preparation for a war with the CFC is underway.
- 2013-01-26 TEST resets Goonswarm
- 2013-02-21: Stu asks Twitter for EVE podcasts that aren't terrible. Hoots jokes that they should start one.
- 2013-03-13 Operation Black Golden Sound is announced. Cap Stable is revived with an audio skit two days later.
- 2013-03-21 Montolio stepped down as Dreddit CEO, TEST executor. Fras and Ingen proceed to toss HBC leadership to Sort Dragon.
- 2013-03-26 Episode 12 of Cap Stable, the reboot, is of terrible audio quality thanks to Skype issues. It is released for archive purposes, and then episode 13 is released immediately afterward. The hosts talk about what they've been doing, some of the news happening in EVE, and planetary interaction. Additionally, the Great Lull of AIEU ends.
- 2013-04-22 On Cap Stable, Hoots dramatically reads an angry forum post regarding Burn Jita 2.
- 2013-05-04 A week after being made Test Alliance Executor, BoodaBooda resets the HBC during his first SOTA address and recalls Test to NOL-M9. Raiden., Tribe, Executive Outcomes and Kill it with Fire are the only alliances to remain blue to TEST. This effectively kills the HBC.
- 2013-05-19 Less than a week before the EVE expansion Odyssey is released, Hoots is podded by a NC. gate camp on the 1-SMEB gate in 6Q-R50. As it turns out, he is in an alpha clone, and he loses the skill Battlecruiser V and does not have the time to retrain completely, causing him to forfeit slightly over 6 million free skill points with the skill changes to Battlecruisers introduced in Odyssey. He serves as a living example: always update your medical clone.
- 2013-06-06 The Mittani announces the CFC invasion of Fountain.
- 2013-06-07 TEST and AIEU deploy to Karan to mount their defense.
- 2013-07-28 TEST Alliance engages CFC in the biggest battle in gaming history. With time dialation ongoing and constant crashes, the battle is resolved without reinforcement fleets arriving. TEST Fleets in 6VDT-H engage for several real-time hours before making a tactical retreat, conceding the system to the CFC.
- 2013-07-28 Hoots manages to get on a Titan killmail in the aftermath of the battle of 6VDT.
- 2013-07-29 TEST concedes the loss of Fountain and returns to NOL in Delve.
- In August: Stigg Cooperii quietly returns to playing EVE, telling no one and only being recognized by a few people in corp.
- 2013-08-10 Faced with the unwelcome prospect of another defensive sov war to hold Delve, TEST announces that they "Didn't want that sov anyway" and move to Soliara in Aridia.
- 2013-08-11 Hoots launches Operation: Red Aruba and quickly takes all the relevant POCOS in the new staging system before Dreddit knows what happened.
- 2013-09-10 After brooding for a month in lowsec, TEST embarks on the next leg of its journey by moving to a new home in G-0Q86, Curse.
- 2013-09-10 AIEU wisely deploys two jumps away to BPK-XK, avoiding the worst of the inevitable CFC gatecamp.
- 2013-09-21 Broadcasting the Jabber ping -- "Alea Iacta Est - Latro" -- CEO Rahst Slyvanesti resigns as CEO after absconding with 10 billion ISK, a jump freighter, and a rorqual in a crime of passion. The cruel and possibly ironic hand of fate designates Lanctharus Onzo as the CEO of AIEU. No one in TEST leadership notices because of the drama caused by the departure of Martyr's Vengeance. The Era of Rasht ends.
- 2013-09-22 Lanctharus Onzo is now the AIE game director for both World of Warcraft and EVE Online.
- 2013-09-23 An emergency meeting of the directorate is held, and Stigg Cooperii resumes the role of CEO, preventing Lanctharus from exploding with too much responsibility. The Second Era of Stigg begins.
- 2013-09-30 BoodaBooda steps down as TEST CEO and returns to leading Dreddit. SkierX becomes the new alliance CEO.
- 2013-10-11 SkierX leads TEST on it's first foray into Faction Warfare by joining the Caldari Militia, from the new staging system in Tamo, Lone Trek.
- In early November: Hoots discovers the horrible utility warp stabbed ventures in Faction Warfare plexes.
- 2013-12-07 AIEU announces its departure from TEST Alliance Please Ignore.
- 2013-12-17 AIEU joins Brave Collective.
- Early January: Hoots begins to experiment with reverse-embezzlement techniques on the corp.
- 2014-02-17 Hoots predicts the formation of the HERO Coalition and the Sendaya deployement by setting up his Planetary interaction chains. He creates a diplomatic incident with this tweet.
- Throughout March and into April: The Cap Stable crew interview a bunch of candidates for CSM9.
- 2014-03-02 Lychton Kondur announces the formation of HERO, with former allies TEST and new friends HONOR and NEXUS. NEXUS departs some time later.
- 2014-03-08 Brave deploys to Sendaya to burn Catch to the ground.
- 2014-03-25 During a CSM interview, mynnna insinuates that Hoots thinks CCP should "nerf diplomacy." Hoots decides this is a good idea and starts using the phrase "Nerf diplomacy, buff war." Hoots is later appointed as AIEU's chief diplomat.
- 2014-04-06 Stigg announces a restructure of the directorate of AIE, mostly formalizing what was already the case.
- 2014-04-08 Hoots in conjunction with Lanctharus launch Operation: Gunboat Diplomacy and take a POS from a 1-man neutral alt corp of a BNI member. This nearly causes a diplomatic incident.
- 2014-04-15 Operation: Point the Spear is concluded by the securing of a favorable R4 moon combination in E-YJ8G. Several non-AIEU members come on this operation and bring expensive capitals. As the tower is destroyed, Pandemic Legion hot drops the fleet and SB00N member FrickTheTurtle loses a Thanatos.
- 2014-04-19 Draleth, form head diplomat and IT head for Brave Collective, allegedly leaks all Brave API keys and re-directs IT services. Services are back up in running in a day.
- 2014-04-23 Operation: Ninjutsu in Broad Daylight Begins AIEU reinforces and takes several -A- towers in the heart of Catch.
- 2014-04-25 Karni Ion, Campino Nederheim, and Dmitrii Rosolov put up a valiant defense of a POS dropped by AIEU. It is destroyed, but the enemy is unable to replace it.
- 2014-04-27 Operation: Ninjustsu in Broad Daylight ends in mission accomplished, all moons being secured that AIEU wanted.
- 2014-05-03 -A- attempts on two separate occasions to destroy a Small Amarr POS in MY-W1V. AIEU successfully reps and re-stronts the tower, the second time with massive support from a BRAVE Harpy Fleet led by Blue Ice. This inspires the directorate to name the tower Want You Gone.
- 2014-05-06 AIEU announces a full deployment to QETZ-W to assist BRAVE in its deployment to V-3YG7.
- 2014-05-08 Stigg Cooperii announces that Drewson "Hoots" Houten will serve as his successor as the new CEO of Alea Iacta Est Universal. Stigg is retained as AIEU's Director of IT, and is generally left to do what he wants to do without the burdens of leadership.
- 2014-05-08 Hoots, in a panic, realizes that he does not have Corporate Management trained. He does so, and then assumes the title of CEO. The Era of Hoots begins.
- 2014-05-09 Hoots figures out how to lower the corporate tax rate to 10%.
- 2014-05-30 Lanctharus Onzo announces a "Shooting of the Lanctharus" event, where pilots of AIEU compete to shoot him out of the sky for ISK. He is killed over and over to great effect.
- 2014-06-07 Brave Collective captures the last system in Catch from -A-, 7LHB-Z.
- 2014-06-17 Logistics Director StupidGenius Charante leads a mini capital op in X4-WL0. Dreads are seiged and the tower is downed, but not before a NC. caracal fleet dropped into system. CEO Drewson Houten, in a calculated panic, warped his Dominix to a perch on the 4NBN-9 gate. The entire NC. fleet saw him, so he naturally did the only logical thing and cloaked up (why he had a cloak on his Dominix to this day remains a mystery). NC. spent the next 10 minutes attempting to decloak him, allowing the dreads and carriers to successfully extract. To boot, NC. did not actually manage to decloak Hoots, despite getting within 3500 meters on multiple occasions.
- 2014-07-15 CEO Drewson "Hoots" Houten releases his first quarterly CEO update, which can be found here.
- 2014-08-02 Drewson Houten takes a small fleet of AIEU members to Titanomachy in honor of Remembrance Day 2014.
- 2014-08-08 Over the course of the week, the officer corp of AIEU causes a series of minor diplomatic incidents over personal deployables and structures. This leads Hoots to issue the policy clarification that any abandoned personal deployable structures are free to shoot, and owners have no expectation of reimbursement should abandoned personal structures be shot.
- 2014-09-03 Razhoff Darksand announces the appropriately named AIEU Fight Club initiative.
- 2014-10-01 Most of the officer group of AIEU take a break from EVE to go play Archeage for a few weeks, forming the Alea Iacta Est Trading Company. The venture is short lived as the game is plagued with botters and a hyper-inflationary economy.
- 2014-11-04 The expansion Phoebe is released, greatly shaking up the geopolitical landscape in nullsec due to the introduction of jump fatigue.
- 2014-11-11 StupidGenius Charante announces a general evacuation of blingy assets from Catch due to Pandemic Legion hostilities.
- 2014-11-25 Stigg announces he is now officially winning at EVE. He is proclaimed AIEU's Eternal President by CEO Drewson Houten.
- 2014-11-30 Pandemic Legion loses a titan to the HERO Coalition. The kill is one of the more expensive titan losses recorded.
- 2014-12-05 A few days later, Pandemic Legion loses yet another titan in an engagement in HED-GP.
- 2014-12-25 In a Christmas address to the corporation, Hoots announces AIEU operations will take place out of GJ0-OJ.
- Early January The corporation largely transitions to GJ0-OJ from QETZ-W.
- 2015-02-26 After many months of CSMX coverage, the Capstable team has completed 52 interviews ana analysis shows. Wives, Girlfriends, and significant others rejoice.
- 2015-03-03 Changes announced for summer 2015 for EVE's sovereignty system.
- 2015-03-10 In a rare moment of prophetic vision, CEO Hoots advises the AIEU line members to begin evacuating assets from the Catch region
- 2015-03-20 The Defense of GE- sees over 1200 pilots in local, this is the strongest showing of HERO pilots over the recent months
- 2015-03-22 TEST Leaves HERO Coalition on publically friendly, prviately irritated, terms to begin the Wicked Creek Campaign.
- 2015-03-28 HERO Coalition officially deploys to a Low Sec Aridia system named Sakht.
- Early April: due to a series of miscommunications surrounding the deployment, and later full scale HERO evacuation of Catch, many of the line members and sister corps are discontent with the current leadership of the Brave Collective
- 2015-04-06 Executor control of the Brave Collective is transferred to the Corp Nerd Panic by a rarely used CEO voting mechanics in a Coup.
- 2015-04-11 Executor control is returned to Lychton Kondur in a Counter-Coup
- Mid April: A general atmosphere of exhaustion and Low Sec Burnout begins to settle in AIEU membership.
- 2015-04-22 HERO Coalition is peacefully transferred the Fountain region. AIEU returns to its ancestral homeland.
- Early May AIEU settles into A1-CON and LIWW-P and begins the slow churn of isk. Leadership within Brave continues to meander even post-coup. Promises of change are made. We see several new doctrines every few days.
- Mid May: The malaise within AIEU intensifies. Many of the line members and leadership join the AIE Nomads group to play a variety of other games
- 2015-05-19 The infamous "Dear Brave, I'm stuck in a meat freezer. Love Lychton" eve-mail comes out.
- 2015-05-31 Karzen Moonshade is announced as the winner of the Hunt the CEO event, whereupon he murdered the CEO Drewson Houten in cold blood with a thrasher.
- 2015-06-11 Lychton official deploys Brave to DUALITY to compete in the Fozzie Sov Entosis Competition.
- Mid June: More confusion, more doctrines, less moons for Brave, as Black Legion systematically begins to assault Brave Collective moons held in Fountain. Reddit discontent reaches an all time high, questioning the decision to deploy to Duality and not defend assets in Fountain.
- 2015-06-25 Hoots announces a general evacuation to the AIEU line members to pull all assets to NPC Sov systems due to a growing discontent within Reddit, the Coalition, and BNI proper.
- 2015-07-03 Lychton goes on indefinite Hiatus from Eve, names Nancy Crow his successor.
- 2015-07-03 A new chapter begins in the history of AIEU as [Hoots Announces Leave from Brave.]
- 2015-07-04 The announcement of AIEU leaving Brave is just the beginning of major changes in Brave. Several corps leave and Nancy announces an exit from Fountain. RIP Brave Sov 2013-2015
- 2015-07-05 AIEU deploys to the Low Sec Forge system of Tasti. Our High Sec Campus is in Inaya.
- 2015-07-06 The malaise of AIEU ends as a we plant our flag in the Tasti system with the destruction of a POCO conveniently exiting reinforcement. As a sign of things to come, CEO Hoots achieves the Killing Blow on the POCO. [Plant our Flag]
- 2015-07-06 The Cleansing of Tasti begins
- 2015-07-31 CEO Hoots presents the "Nerdtacular Surprise" of joining Faction Warfare.
- 2015-08-01 AIEu concludes that Faction Warfare is terrible and leaves. Just kidding: CEO Hoots received council that he joined the a bad Faction (who knew that Amarr supremancy wasn't a thing). Please see Article 4 of the Articles of Abdication regarding expectations of "competency."
- 2015-08-02 AIEU joins Caldari Militia FW. FW Staging is unofficially out of Oisio.
- Corp earns tens of LP figuring out and running small and medium plexes. CCP pls Nerf Othrus.
- 2015-09-19 CEO Hoots falls into an overtime-ridden torpor thanks to EMV standards being implemented for Credit Cards in the United States. This leaves him with little time or energy to helm the goodship of AIEU. He designates Lanctharus Onzo as CEO Pro-tempore. While still holding a controlling share of AIEU, and staying in charge of other assets, Hoots uses his main and vacations across New Eden, eventually joining as a line member in one of the northern Imperium alliances. Hoots is now allegedly drowning in ISK because of this decision.
- 2015-09-20 Recon discovers this covert image of Eternal President Hoots enjoying his retirement. Hoots
- 2015-10-06 AIEU Leaves CalMil FW as interest wanes and just reminds the line members of what we love about Null Sec life.
- 2015-10-12 Recon work determines that the Forge region is covered in numerous Pocos with exorbitant tax structures, ran by dead and empty Corps. CEO Lanctharus reveals the "Free Market Program of Progress©"
- 2015-10-13 CEO Lanctharus discovers that Warbills are hard. Insufficient Fund Notices are spammed across the Officer-ship.
- 2015-10-16 Fun Czar (FC) Argus Quillington leads Operation: Tsunami of Fire in the burning of over a dozen Pocos. Resulting in the single most expensive AIEU fleet ever fielded. Rattlesnakes are pretty.
- 2015-10-22 EVE Vegas 2015!!!
- 2015-10-25 Operation: The Great AIEU Liver Replacement of 2015 begins.
- 2015-10-28 Hoots resurfaces as a member of TGRAD in LAWN. It turns out he got worse at EVE.
- 2015-10-29 Operation: OMG Ice Cream! results in the burning of an additional dozen+ Pocos. The Fleet-up Ping Spam is strong.
- 2015-11-03 Freshly out of lighter fluid from his time in TGRAD, Eternal President Hoots returns to AIEU to celebrate in the only way he knows; by Purging 58% of the roster.
- 2015-11-16 Lanctharus Onzo steps down as CEO, allowing him to return to the Diplo shadows and reinstate God Emperor Darro Hoots as CEO of AIEU.