From AIE Wiki
AIE Mumble Configuration – Windows Guide
- An UMAMI account with an approved application associated with it.
- Every AIE member has an UMAMI account, even if you joined before UMAMI
- Don’t create a new UMAMI account if you lost or forgot your existing account details. Email Officers or contact an officer in-game for assistance.
- If you simply forgot your password, reset it here: https://umami.aie-universal.net/account/password/reset/
- Hint: The password reset email will also tell you your UMAMI username.
- Note that your UMAMI username is probably not your character name.
- The latest version of Mumble (currently 1.2.8 as of Dec2014)
- Get Mumble (SourceForge link)
- Install Mumble using the wizard selecting the default options.
- Optionally, set your Display Name in your UMAMI profile. So that you appear to other players in mumble by a name that they would know you by, rather than your umami username, you can modify your UMAMI profile:
- Login to UMAMI:
Initial Mumble configuration:
- Start Mumble and click next on the Audio wizard
- Usually, the Default Device is correct. If you have multiple microphones, headsets, and speakers, select the devices you want to use from the dropdown.
- You should hear audio giving you an example of speex
- Talk into your microphone and adjust the bar as needed
- It is highly recommended that you select “Push To Talk”. After checking the radio button, click in the box beside it, then press the key you want to use to talk.
- Usually, default settings for Quality & Notifications are sufficient
- Positional Audio is not relevant to Mumble for AIE
- AIE uses usernames and passwords, so just select the default certificate option:
Adding the AIE server:
- Click the “Add New…” button
- On your profile page
- Locate your username (see below)
- Enter the values as shown, but use your UMAMI username!
- Click connect
- If you have entered your UMAMI USERNAME correctly, the first time you connect, mumble will prompt you for your password. Enter your UMAMI Password.
- Press Okay
- Double-click a channel name to move to that channel
- Notice that even though the username specified was “ashtest”, the name shown in mumble is “Ashmumble” – ie the value entered in UMAMI Display Name field.
- If it won’t let you move channels, it is probably due to using the wrong UMAMI USERNAME.