- 1 Welcome to Mining
- 2 Donation Information
- 3 WoW Smelting Guide 1 – 525
- 3.1 0 – 150 (Must be Character Level 1)
- 3.2 150 – 200 (Must be Character Level 10)
- 3.3 200 – 275 (Must be Character Level 25)
- 3.4 275 – 375 (Must be Character Level 40)
- 3.5 375 – 425 (Must be Character Level 55)
- 3.6 425 – 500 (Must be Character Level 75)
- 3.7 500 – 525 (Must be Character Level 78)
- 3.8 525-600
Welcome to Mining
The Best Little Ore House in Azeroth
- You smelt 16 stacks of copper and tin
- If you want to level mining, that’s all you need to begin.
- Smelt a few more stacks and your level will zoom
- All the way to 340 and never leave Silvermoon!
By following our simple smelting plan, you too, can level all the way to 340 without even seeing a mine. With only a couple of forays out into the wild, you can even level all the way to 525!
Thanks to generous guildie donations, we provide the ore for you to smelt, all we ask is that you give back the bars which are recycled to the other bar-using crafts such as jewel crafting, engineering and blacksmithing.
If you have any questions, please feel free message me in game, and I will do my best to help you ASAP!
"No donation is too big or small, we appreciate them all!"
Please send any donations to the appropriate bank alt as listed on the spreadsheet.
WoW Smelting Guide 1 – 525
Locations in CAPS are areas where you mine that type of ore. You do not need a mining pick but it will add +10 to level when mining (not smelting).
0 – 150 (Must be Character Level 1)
Visit Mining Trainer and add Mining as Profession.
- 1 - 65
- Smelt 70 x [Copper Ore]. Hold on to these, you will need them. DUROTAR
- Copper goes gray at 70
- Visit trainer and learn Mining Journeyman Mining Level 65 – train to smelt bronze and tin
- Smelt 70 x [Tin Ore]. HILLSBRAD FOOTHILLS
- Tin goes gray at 70
- Save the bars because you will need them to make [Bronze Bars].
- Mining Level 75 – train to smelt silver
- 75 - 90
- Smelt 70 x [Bronze Bars].
- Bronze goes gray at 100
- 90 - 100
- Smelt 10 x [Silver Ore]. NORTHERN STRANGLETHORN
- Silver goes gray at 110
- If there is no Silver Ore, you have to smelt more Bronze Bars up to 100.
- Mining Level 100 – train to smelt iron
- 100 - 125
- Smelt 40 x [Iron Ore]. FERALAS, WESTERN PLAGUELANDS
- Iron goes gray at 150
- Mining Level 115 train to smelt Gold
- Mining Level 125 train to smelt Steel
- 125 - 135
- Smelt 20 x [Steel Bar].
- Steel goes gray at 135
- You can buy [Coal] at Blacksmithing Supply vendors.
- 135 – 150
- Smelt 15 x [Gold Ore]. WESTERN PLAGUELANDS
- Gold goes gray at 160
- If you don't have Gold Ore you will have to smelt more Iron Ore, until you reach 150.
150 – 200 (Must be Character Level 10)
Visit Mining trainer and learn Mining Expert. Mining Level 150 train to smelt Mithril.
- 150 – 185
- Smelt 55 x [Mithril Ore]. THOUSAND NEEDLES
- Mithril goes gray at 200
- Mining Level 165 train to smelt Truesilver
- 185 - 200
- Smelt 15 [Truesilver Ore]. WINTERSPRING, BURNING STEPPES, FELWOOD
- Truesilver goes gray at 290
- Smelt more Mithril if you don't have Truesilver Ore until you reach 200.
200 – 275 (Must be Character Level 25)
Visit Mining trainer and learn Mining Artisan. Mining Level 200 train to smelt Thorium.
- 200 - 275
- Smelt 130 x [Thorium Ore]. WINTERSPRING, SILITHUS, UN GORO CRATER
- Thorium goes gray at 290
275 – 375 (Must be Character Level 40)
Visit Mining trainer and learn Mining Master. Mining Level 275 train to smelt Fel Iron.
- 275 - 325
- Smelt 220 [Fel Iron Ore]. HELLFIRE
- Fel Iron goes gray at 325
- 325 - 340
- Mining Level 325 train to smelt Adamantite
- Smelt 120 x [Adamantite Ore]. NAGRAND, BLADES EDGE
- Adamantite goes gray at 340
- 340 - 350
- SORRY, NO SMELTING RECIPE FOR THIS PART. YOU WILL HAVE TO MINE A FEW ORES! GO TO OUTLAND AND MINE A FEW ADAMANTITE ORE.
- Mining Level 350 train to smelt Colbalt
- 350 - 375
- Smelt 60 x [Cobalt Ore]. ZUL DRAK, HOWLING FIJORD, BOREAN TUNDRA
- Cobalt goes gray at 375
375 – 425 (Must be Character Level 55)
Visit Mining trainer and learn Mining Grand Master. Must be character level 65 to mine Northrend.
- 375 - 400
- MINE SOME COBALT AND SARONITE BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN SMELT AT THIS SKILL RANGE.
- Mining Level 400 train to smelt Saronite
- 400-425 SHOLAZAR BASIN
- Smelt 100 x Saronite
- Saronite goes gray at 425
425 – 500 (Must be Character Level 75)
Visit Mining Trainer and learn Illustrious Grand Master Mining. Mining Level 425 train to smelt Obsidium.
- 425 - 475
- Smelt 240 x [Obsidium Ore] DEEPHOLM, MOUNT HYJAL
- Obsidium goes gray at 475
- Mining Level 475 train to smelt Elementium
- 475 - 500
- Smelt 200 x [Elementium Ore] DEEP HOLM, TWILIGHT HIGHLANDS, ULDAM
- Elementium goes gray at 500
500 – 525 (Must be Character Level 78)
Visit Mining Trainer and learn Zen Master Mining. Mining Level 500 train to smelt Ghost Iron.
- 500 – 525
- Smelt 50 Ghost Iron JADE FOREST, VALLEYOF THE FOUR WINDS
- Ghost Iron goes gray at 525
MINE GHOST IRON BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN SMELT AT THIS SKILL RANGE. TRILLIUM IS ADDED AT 600.