- 1 Attention Sky Pirates
- 2 About Us
- 3 How to Join
- 4 Policies
- 5 Introduction
- 6 Definitions
- 7 Common Community Policy
- 8 Division Policy
- 9 Officer List
- 10 Archeage Resources
Attention Sky Pirates
Do you like farming, crafting, carefully plotting a trade route to haul vital materials from Point A to Point B, and working with friendly and helpful people to build a whole host of items in a dynamic, player-driven, economy? Alternatively, do you you like the thrill of open-world PVP and a world that makes the life of a fantasy pirate both dangerous and lucrative?
My friends, look no further than Archeage, developed by XL Games and brought to North American by Trion.
Server: Kyrios Faction: West Guild: Alea Iacta Est Trading Company
We have a Mumble server that is shared by the whole community. You can log in and chat with other AIE members regardless of what game you're playing or whether you're even playing a game.
Any channels on the server marked with DND (Do Not Disturb) should only be joined if the group using the channel has invited you to join them. Any other channels are open and you should feel free to jump in, but please be mindful of whether a channel is devoted to a specific game. The Lounge channels have no specific topic.
How to Join
Joining Alea Iacta Est in Archeage is easy. Ask any of our members to let you in; or otherwise contact one of the officers listed here.
If you can't find anyone online to send you an invite, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (a temporary email address for launch purposes, subject to change) with your character name and you'll receive an invitation as soon as an officer is online to process it.
Right now, we don't have UMAMI-integration, but don't fret. We have a way for you to use guild services such a Mumble if you don't have access through one of the other games, and at some point in the future when UMAMI-integration becomes a thing we'll walk you through the process.
Alea Iacta Est (AIE) is a “big tent” community that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The community is one that values mutual respect and courtesy.
These standards of behavior apply to the interactions of Alea Iacta Est members, officers, and agents with other members, non-member players, and game staff.
Policies are not rules and cannot anticipate every situation or circumstance that may arise. Alea Iacta Est council members and officers may take administrative action with respect to individual membership and access to Alea Iacta Est's resources at their discretion.
If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies , let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers of the appropriate game or the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- This shall refer to the organizational structure for a given game, regardless of the game's terminology. This may be a guild, corporation, alliance, cabal, or clan.
- An organized collection of players within a particular game, members as well as non-members.
- A group which is organized for recurring activity (e.g. raiding parties, leveling groups, etc.).
- Available to all members of AIE.
- Available to both members and non-members.
Common Community Policy
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game divisions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members may not harass other members, players, or game staff. If a player or staff member asks you to cease contact or interaction, please respect his or her wishes.
- All members must abide by the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service (ToS), and any other usage agreements within all games which Alea Iacta Est maintains a presence.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters actions. If your friend or family member logs onto one of your accounts and violates our policy, you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the Alea Iacta Est officers by sending e-mail to the appropriate officer e-mail address or to the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- Personal information supplied to the guild officers by applicants and members is considered privileged information and may only be used for purposes directly related to the administration of the guild. The information may only be shared with non-officers if the applicant of member has given explicit permission or where it is required by applicable laws.
These policies will evolve as the Archeage community grows and changes.
Character and account naming policies.
- Character names may not be sexual references, illicit drug references, or scatological in nature. We reserve the right to exclude any characters whose name we feel would not represent AIE appropriately.
The RP in MMORPG.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in designated role-playing voice or text channels or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
This applies to the shared chat channels used within a game (i.e., guild chat, corporation chat, alliance chat).
- Messages should stand out based on their content instead of their formatting. Messages which use capitalization, repetition, or punctuation in a distracting manner are discouraged.
- Members may not use macros or add-ons to generate messages in chat channels. Macros may only be employed by officers for administrative purposes.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- Officers will not debate the guild policies in guild chat or whisper.
This policy applies to communication channels not supplied as part of a game, such as voice services and independent text chat.
- Unless stated otherwise, community communication services are for the sole use of AIE members. Use of the service is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the council or officers.
- Channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND) are considered semi-private channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the current occupants first.
- Members will refrain from displaying, linking to, or discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the Alea Iacta Est forums, game chat, or on voice services.
- You may take such topics to channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND). However, this designation may not prevent others from entering the channel. You must keep the discussion appropriate with respect to the audience at all times.
- You may also take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the FrogPants forums, or private services of your choice.
- The use of software agents to stream music or other audio data (i.e. music bots) is not permitted.
- Recording in a voice channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.
Player vs. Player (PvP)
Member conduct with respect to player versus player scenarios. Archeage is a PvP centered game, and members should expect to encounter it at some point and are encouraged to embrace it.
- PvP is any player-vs-player action, including but not limited to:
- player killing
- uprooting plants
- stealing carts, ships, or any other vehicle
- Non-consensual PvP between guild members is prohibited.
- Using bloodlust in PvP zones and repeatedly killing low-level players on the same faction is prohibited.
- Attacking anyone in neutral territory, in any way, is acceptable.
- Attacking players of other factions, at any time, in any location, is acceptable and encouraged.
These fine and upstanding individuals will serve as your Archeage Officers during the opening of the game. Stay tuned for updates, and you may direct any and all questions to any of them.