- 1 Welcome to Alchemy
- 2 Donation Information
- 3 Helpful Hints and Pesky Policies
- 4 Materials List 1-600
- 5 Leveling Guide 1-600
Welcome to Alchemy
Hello future Alchemists of AIE Guild! :)
I look forward to meeting all of you at the AIE Spring Craft Faire on April 26th & 27th, 2014!
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to WoW-Professions for sharing their Alchemy leveling guide that we follow: http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow_alchemy_leveling_guide.html
Best Wishes & Mixes Of Potions, Elixirs, & Transmutes!
"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." -- Professor Severus Snape, Potions Master
- Please send any herb donations for Alchemy to my bank alt - Lovepotion
- Alchemy Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkggOi7_DU1rdDByRHdBU0d6eW9fck5aZ2xzQkxiNmc&usp=sharing
- We will ALWAYS accept any Mist of Pandaria herbs! - Fool's Cap, Silkweed, Rain Poppy, Snow Lily, and Green Tea Leaf! :)
Helpful Hints and Pesky Policies
- Please bring a few stacks of flasks with you to learn Alchemy at the AIE Craft Faire!
It gives the Alchemy Team members more bag space to hold leveling herbs for you if we don't need to hold extra flasks, thanks in advance :)
Materials List 1-600
Here is an approximate list of materials you will need to level Alchemy from 1-600 in WoW.
- 59 x Peacebloom
- 59 x Silverleaf
- 93 x Briarthorn
- 20 x Mageroyal
- 33 x Bruiseweed
- 45 x Stranglekelp
- 20 x Liferoot
- 30 x Kingsblood
- 35 x Goldthorn
- 10 x Wild Steelbloom
- 25 x Sungrass
- 45 x Khadgar's Whisker
- 10 x Blindweed
- 40 x Gromsblood
- 30 x Sorrowmoss
- 15 x Dreamfoil
- 45 x Golden Sansam
- 18 x Mountain Silversage
- 50 x Felweed
- 10 x Terocone
- 35 x Dreaming Glory
- 10 x Netherbloom
- 20 x Talandra's Rose
- 5 x Pygmy Suckerfish
- 75 x Goldclover
- 30 x Tiger Lily
- 25 x Adder's Tongue
- 20 x Icethorn
- 40 x Lichbloom
- 60 x Cinderbloom
- 10 x Stormvine
- 16 x Azshara's Veil
- 25 x Heartblossom
- 5 x Volatile Life
- 5 x Twilight Jasmine
- 100 x Green Tea Leaf
- 30-60 x Rain Poppy or Silkweed
- 60 x Snow Lily
- 25 x Fool's Cap
Leveling Guide 1-600
You can find Vials at "Alchemy Supplies" vendors. They are usually near the Alchemy trainer.
1 - 60
- 59 x [Minor Healing Potions] - 59 Peacebloom, 59 Silverleaf
- You'll need these in the next step of the Alchemy guide.
60 - 140
- Learn Alchemy Journeyman.
- 50 x [Lesser Healing Potion] - 50 Minor Healing Potion, 50 Briarthorn
- 5 x [Elixir of Wisdom] - 5 Mageroyal, 10 Briarthorn
- 33 x [Healing Potion] - 33 Bruiseweed, 33 Briarthorn
140 - 205
- Learn Alchemy Expert.
- 15 x [Lesser Mana Potion] - 15 Mageroyal, 15 Stranglekelp
- Make [Fire Oil] if you don't have [Stranglekelp] or if [Firefin Snapper] is cheap. You could also make more [Healing Potion].
155 - 175
- 20 x [Greater Healing Potion] - 20 Liferoot, 20 Kingsblood
- If you made [Fire Oil], you can use it to make [Elixir of Minor Accuracy]
175 - 185
- 10 x [Mana Potion] - 10 Stranglekelp, 10 Kingsblood
- Make more [Greater Healing Potion] if you don't have Stranglekelp.
185 - 205
- 20 x [Elixir of Agility] - 20 Stranglekelp, 20 Goldthorn OR
- 25 x [Elixir of Fortitude] - 25 Wild Steelbloom, 25 Goldthorn
- If you don't have that many Goldthorn, make [Mana Potion] or [Lesser Invisibility Potion] up to around 195. These recipes will be yellow.
- If you don't have any Goldthorn at all, you can make [Nature Protection Potion] between 190-215, the recipe is sold by these vendors.
205 - 285
- Learn Alchemy Artisan.
- 10 x [Elixir of Greater Defense] - 10 Wild Steelbloom, 10 Goldthorn
- Read the end of the previous section if you don't have Goldthorn.
215 - 239
- 25 x [Superior Healing Potion] - 25 Sungrass, 25 Khadgar's Whisker
- You can make this one up to 250 if it's easier for you to get Sungrass instead of Blindweed.
- If you are at or above level 85 and you will level Alchemy past 500, you can skip the next step.
- You will use [Zen Alchemist Stone] for transmutes. You can get this trinket from your trainer when you reach Alchemy skill 500.
239 - 240
- 1 x [Philosopher's Stone] - 4 Iron Bar, 1 Black Vitriol, 4 Purple Lotus, 4 Firebloom
- You will need this for transmutes, keep it.
240 - 250
- 10 x [Elixir of Greater Intellect] - 10 Khadgar's Whisker, 10 Blindweed
250 - 270
- 20 x [Elixir of Detect Demon] - 40 Gromsblood
- You can also make [Elixir of Greater Intellect] or [Superior Healing Potion] up to 265 and [Superior Mana Potion] for the last 5 points.
- Make [Stonescale Oil] between 250-255 if you can find Stonescale Eel at the Auction House then turn those into [Elixir of Superior Defense] when you reach 265. The recipe is sold by NPCs.
270 - 285
- 15 x [Elixir of the Sages] - 30 Sorrowmoss, 15 Dreamfoil
285 - 350
- Visit your trainer and learn Alchemy Master.
- 18 x [Major Healing Potion] - 36 Golden Sansam, 18 Mountain Silversage
- Make your [Alchemist's Flask] now if you need it. You will get 5 skill points for making it.
- Choose one of the recipes below. You can switch to the next recipe at 310 if you want to.
- 15 x [Volatile Healing Potion] - 15 Golden Sansam, 15 Felweed
- 15 x [Adept's Elixir] - 15 Dreamfoil, 15 Felweed
- 15 x [Onslaught Elixir] - 15 Mountain Silversage, 15 Felweed
- 10 x [Elixir of Healing Power] - 10 Golden Sansam, 10 Dreaming Glory
- 10 x [Elixir of Draenic Wisdom] 10 Terocone, 10 Felweed
- Make [Mad Alchemist's Potion] if you have a lot of Ragveil.
- 5 x [Super Healing Potion] - 10 Netherbloom, 5 Felweed
- Make the previous recipe 5 more times if you don't have Netherbloom.
- 10 x [Super Mana Potion] - 20 Dreaming Glory, 10 Felweed
350 - 425
- Visit your trainer and learn Alchemy Grand Master.
- 10 x [Resurgent Healing Potion] - 20 Goldclover
- 5 x [Icy Mana Potion] - 10 Talandra's Rose
- 10 x [Spellpower Elixir] - 10 Goldclover, 10 Tiger Lily
- 5 x [Pygmy Oil] - 5 Pygmy Suckerfish
- You can make this one up to 385 and skip the next part of the guide.
- 5 x [Potion of Nightmares] - 5 Goldclover, 10 Talandra's Rose
- 10 x [Elixir of Mighty Strength] - 20 Tiger Lily
- This recipe will be yellow for the last 5 points, you might need to make more than 10.
- When you reach 400, you can make a [Northrend Alchemy Research] and your Alchemy Trinket, so you will need to craft fewer potions.
- 12 x [Elixir of Mighty Agility] - 24 Goldclover, 24 Adder's Tongue
- 10 x [Indestructible Potion] - 20 Icethorn
- This recipe turns green at 422, so you might need to make more than 20.
- 20 x [Runic Mana Potion] - 20 Goldclover, 40 Lichbloom
425 - 500
- Visit your trainer and learn Alchemy Illustrious.
- 27 x [Draught of War] - 27 Cinderbloom
- 5 x [Ghost Elixir] -10 Cinderbloom
- 5 x [Deathblood Venom] - 10 Stormvine
- 5 x [Volcanic Potion] - 5 Cinderbloom, 5 Azshara's Veil
- 11 x [Elixir of the Cobra] - 11 Cinderbloom, 11 Azshara's Veil
- You can also make [Deepstone Oil] between 470-475 and then turn the Deepstone Oils into [Mysterious Potion]. You should reach around 477 with this method.
Once you reach an Alchemy skill of 475, you may begin a quest to learn one of three specializations: Potions, Elixirs or Transmutations. Being specialized gives you a chance to create an extra 1 to 4 (for a total 5) items while crafting in the field you have selected. For example, a Master of Potions may be able to craft more than one [Super Mana Potion] for the same material cost as one.
- 5 x [Elixir of Deep Earth] - 10 Heartblossom
- 10 x [Elixir of Impossible Accuracy] - 10 Heartblossom, 10 Cinderbloom
- Make [Mythical Mana Potion] if Whiptail is cheaper than Heartblossom.
- 5 x [Golemblood Potion] - 5 Heartblossom, 5 Volatile Life
- 5 x [Mythical Healing Potion] - 5 Twilight Jasmine
500 - 600
- Learn Zen Alchemy.
From this point there are some significant changes to the leveling process. The trainers will only teach you 2 Pandarian recipes at 500 skill. These two recipes are used to unlock additional recipes. As a result there is no set progression in crafting for skill points.
- 40 x [Alchemist's Rejuvenation] or [Master Healing Potion] - 40 Green Tea Leaf
- Make your trinket [Zen Alchemist Stone] if you need it.
- At this point you probably discovered 5-8 new recipes. You should always prioritize potions that use Green Tea Leaf because it can be found in every zone and most likely it is always the cheapest herb.
- How to determine which potions to make:
- [Green Tea Leaf] > [Silkweed] > [Rain Poppy] > [Snow Lily] > [Fool's Cap]
- You should save around 25 each of these herbs: Green Tea Leaf, Snow Lily and Fool's Cap. You will need them to reach 600 from 575 when you discover the new Mana Potion recipe. It will be the only orange recipe that you can use.
- If you have loads of Green Tea Leaf, you could just make the previous potions until you keep discovering new recipes. Once you make a green potion around 8 times and there was no new discovery, you should stop making it and start making a higher level potion in the list below.
- I made a priority list of the recipes you probably discovered, Mantid Elixir is usually the best recipe you can get. This list is based on how hard is to get a particular herb, but obviously if you have 20 Green Tea Leaf and 150 Rain Poppy, you should make a potion that use 2 Rain Poppy.
- Choose only one.
- 15 x [Mantid Elixir] - 30 Green Tea Leaf
- 15 x [Potion of the Jade Serpent] - 15 Green Tea Leaf, 15 Silkweed
- 15 x [Elixir of Weaponry] - 30 Silkweed
- 15 x [Potion of the Mountains] - 15 Green Tea Leaf, 15 Rain Poppy
- 15 x [Mad Hozen Elixir]- 30 Rain Poppy
- Choose only one.
- 35 x [Virmen's Bite] - 35 Snow Lily, 35 Green Tea Leaf
- 35 x [Elixir of Perfection] 35 Snow Lily, 35 Silkweed
- 35 x [Elixir of the Rapids] 35 Snow Lily, 35 Rain Poppy
- Choose only one.
- There are 3 other potions that you can discover, they require Fool's Cap instead of Snow lily, so if you have loads of Fool's Cap, you can make those potions instead.
- Between 570-580, you will discover [Master Mana Potion]. When you discover the recipe, you should start making it if your skill is at around 575, but the maximum I would recommend to make the potions above is until you reach 577.
- If you didn't discover this recipe yet because you were unlucky , you will have to make the previous recipes, or any other transmute recipe.
- 25 x [Master Mana Potion] - 25 Green Tea Leaf, 25 Snow Lily, 25 Fool's Cap