WOW:Policies and Responsibilities
Alea Iacta Est is a “big tent” guild that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The guild provides a community of mutual respect and courtesy in which a member may choose whatever mode of play they wish and can explore different modes of play that they find interesting or unfamiliar. All members, including officers and Centurions, are expected to abide by these rules. If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies and you don’t think you can resolve the issue on your own, let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers at email@example.com.
- Alea Iacta Est is an all-ages, family-friendly guild. Members are expected to keep their conversations in the forums, guild chat, and in public Ventrilo channels suitable for children.
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game factions and races is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members should refrain from discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the guild forums, guild chat, or on the Ventrilo server. These topics tend to be inflammatory due to the large and diverse makeup of the guild. If you decide to participate in such discussions in which people may become insulted or feel threatened, be prepared to face the possibility of immediate expulsion from the guild.
You are more than welcomed to take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the Extralife forums or a private voice communications system of your choice.
- Members may not harass other guild members or players outside of the guild. If a player asks you to cease contacting or interacting with them, please respect their wishes.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in the role-playing channel on the Ventrilo server,in private chat, or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
- All members must abide by Blizzard’s EULA for World of Warcraft.
- These standards of behavior apply to member’s interactions with other guild members, other players outside the guild, and Blizzard personnel.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters action within the guild. If your friend or family member logs onto your account and stirs up trouble you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the officers by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To join the guild, an application must be submitted. If an applicant is accepted, they will be invited in-game at the Pleb rank. The Pleb rank is considered a probationary rank.
- Within 2-12 weeks, the Pleb will be evaluated by the officers. If the member has demonstrated that they fulfill the expectations of the guild, they will be promoted to Cohort. Cohort is considered a member in good standing.
- All standard player characters must be at least level 10 to be invited to the guild. All heroic player characters must be at least level 58 to be invited to the guild.
- Any character inactive for 3 or more months may be removed from the guild.
- Due to the size of the guild, guild chat must be treated as a public address system, not as a private chat channel.
- Members may not beg for gold or items in guild chat (or via any other means).
- Members may not "spam" guild chat or "shout" (messages in all caps) in guild chat.
- Members may ask for help from members at an equivalent level, but may not ask for power leveling or run-throughs. Members are free to offer run-throughs for other members, but they may not solicit or accept gold or any other real or virtual commodity in return.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- There are no role-playing requirements within the guild or in guild chat.
- The Ventrilo server is for the use of guild members. All Plebs and Cohorts may use the server, but use of the server is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the officers.
- Ventrilo channels marked "DND" are considered do-not-disturb channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the members in the channel first via whisper.
- The use of software agents to play background music is permitted in Ventrilo channels that are not considered common channels if no participants in the channel have an objection and the music itself does not violate the guild policy.
- Recording in a Ventrilo channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.
- The guild is monolithic, there are no “sister” guilds on Earthen Ring or other World of Warcraft Realms. While members are free to start their own guilds independently, such guilds are to remain distinct from Alea Iacta Est and recruitment shall not be conducted in the guild forums, guild chat, or Ventrilo chat. This should not prevent members or officers from establishing friendly relationships with other guilds.
End game raiding is an area with huge potential for "drama", and causing conflicts within the guild. AIE strives to avoid these, and to that end, has instituted these few policies:
- While the officers of AIE do not get involved in raid team management, all of the guild policies on member conduct apply in raid settings as well.
- AIE provides an environment where members can organize and participate in raiding teams at their own discretion.
- AIE raiders are expected to behave with courtesy and respect towards other raiders (e.g. in loot distribution or when recruiting from other teams).
- As in all guild dealings, raiders are expected to consider the impact actions will have on others, and act in good faith toward team members, as well as other raid teams. Communication is key.
- Sportsmanlike conduct and proper decorum are expected in the battlegrounds.
- If you enter the battlegrounds, you are expected to participate. Players who enter the battle grounds and simply go AFK (away from keyboard) or maintain a minimal amount of movement while failing to assist with the efforts of the rest of the faction participants will be removed from the guild. If you must go AFK due to more urgent matters, you are expected to leave the battleground.
- We have no specific policy on looting rules (e.g. pass on BoP, need/greed, etc.) but we encourage our members to make sure everyone in a group is in agreement before the loot starts dropping. This is especially important when grouping with non-members.
- We will not tolerate ninja looting by any of our members.
- The policies concerning the use of the guild vault are described in the Guild Vault Policies.
- Personal information supplied to the guild officers by applicants and members is considered privileged information and may only be used for purposes directly related to the guild. The information may only be shared with non-officers if the applicant of member has given explicit permission or where it is required by applicable laws.
This policy was most recently revised by the Alea Iacta Est officers on 30 December 2009.