What does it do?
This add-on replicates guild chat and achievement spam between multiple guilds.
The add-on's functionality is very close to LemonKing's Cross Guild Chat, but the management interface (or lack of one in GreenWall's case) is very different.
Do I need to run it?
No, you don't. But guild chat will be very, very frustrating for you if you don't since you will only see about 1% of the complete conversations.
How do I get it?
It is also mirrored in WoWMatrix, but we make no guarantees about how frequently WoWMatrix updates or the integrity of the files that it provides.
The installation instructions are available on GitHub.
You don't need to configure GreenWall at all to use it. Most of the configuration is done by the guild officers, it's a big mess of gibberish in the guild information tab in game. But you can change certain aspects of its behavior to suit your tastes.
- Hit Esc.
- Click on the Interface button.
- Click on the Addons tab.
- Select GreenWall.
- How can I tell it's working?
- Type "/gw status". You should see container=co-guildname followed by all of the co-guild names. If "/gw status" doesn't return anything at all, then Greenwall probably isn't loaded. Try logging out to the character select screen. Click Addons and make sure "load out of date addons" is checked. Look for a checkmark next to Greenwall.
- It says I am connected but only my own co-guild can see me. AKA - I have one toon it doesn't work on. Why?
- All of your chat channels may be full for that toon. Try typing "/leave #" where # is one of the channels you don't use often. Then log out and back in to see if that fixes it.
- How do I get my main's name to show up in parenthesis?
- That's not from Greenwall; you can do that with an addon called Identity.