After blizzard instituted a guild cap with the Cataclysm expansion, AIE had to split into nine "co-guilds". In spite of this forced splitting we consider all the guilds in World of Warcraft to be one large guild. We have named each co-guild with attributes that are part of the AIE ideal.
Since the initial split, two new co-guilds have been formed: Salus and Pondera bringing the total up to 11.
Guild Names and their Meanings
- alea iacta est
- The die has been cast. Our original guild name. Each of the new co-guilds have this as a prefix.
- Humor, ease of manner, openness, and friendliness.
- Pride, a sense of self-worth.
- Responsibility, earnestness. A sense of the importance of the matter at hand.
- Unconquerable, undefeated.
- Loyalty and devotion.
- Fate, luck both good and bad--but focusing on positive outcomes of the RNG.
- Freedom. Our ethic of "Play and let Play".
- Regarded with awe or reverence.
- Concern for public health and welfare.