Difference between revisions of "Ventrilo Normalization"
From AIE Wiki
(New page: Category:Ventrilo Here's how to equalize the levels of other people in Ventrilo without tweaking the volume for each person. # Go to Setup. # Enable Direct Sound. # Select the SFX Bu...)
Revision as of 06:25, 12 March 2009
Here's how to equalize the levels of other people in Ventrilo without tweaking the volume for each person.
- Go to Setup.
- Enable Direct Sound.
- Select the SFX Button.
- Select Compressor and click Add.
- Under Compressor Properties use the settings below.
- Gain = 15
- How much volume you feed into the compressor. Not really relevant unless everyone is too quiet, then you can turn this up a little; turning it up too much will sound EXTREMELY *%*%ty.
- Attack = 0.01
- How fast volume change will happen. example: setting this to 500 means that anything coming in will only be dropped in volume after a half a second. For vent this should be set as low as possible.
- Release = 500
- How fast the compressor stops changing things. not really that relevant with vent, setting it around 500 is good for voice material.
- Threshold = -30
- This sets the point where we actually start changing what�s coming in. Whereas 0 is the absolute loudest you can have for an input, -60 is super quiet. Average users will probably come in somewhere around -25 to -15, with the occasional few being really quiet, which is why I have this set so low.
- Ratio = 100
- How much any sound below the set threshold gets compressed and/or modified in the volume department. If you still want to hear SOME volume variation then set this lower (2-4)... the higher you set it the closer in volume everyone will be.
- Pre delay = 4.0
- Mostly just deals with processing; with computer and digital processors they can look ahead a few milliseconds to see what needs to be dropped in volume or changed before it actually comes through the speakers. Highest is ideal.