TSW:Policies and Responsibilities
Alea Iacta Est is a “big tent” guild (cabal) that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The cabal provides a community of mutual respect and courtesy in which a member may choose whatever mode of play they wish and can explore different modes of play that they find interesting or unfamiliar. All members, including officers, are expected to abide by these rules. If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies and you don’t think you can resolve the issue on your own, let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alea Iacta Est is an all-ages, family-friendly cabal. Members are expected to keep their conversations in the forums, cabal chat, and in public Ventrilo channels suitable for children.
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game factions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members should refrain from discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the cabal forums, cabal chat, or on the Ventrilo server. These topics tend to be inflammatory due to the large and diverse makeup of the guild. If you decide to participate in such discussions in which people may become insulted or feel threatened, be prepared to face the possibility of immediate expulsion from the cabal.
- You are more than welcomed to take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the Extralife forums or a private voice communications system of your choice.
- Members may not harass other cabal members or players outside of the cabal. If a player asks you to cease contacting or interacting with them, please respect their wishes.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in the role-playing channel on the Ventrilo server,in private chat, or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
- All members must abide by Funcom’s EULA for The Secret World.
- These standards of behavior apply to member’s interactions with other cabal members, other players outside the cabal, and Funcom personnel.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters action within the cabal. If your friend or family member logs onto your account and stirs up trouble you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the officers by sending e-mail to email@example.com.
- To join the cabal, existing AIE members must submit an application in UMAMI. New members will have register a new UMAMI account first, then submit an application to The Secret World. If an applicant is accepted, they will be invited in-game at the Recruit rank.
- Within 2-12 weeks, the Recruit will be evaluated by the officers. If the member has demonstrated that they fulfill the expectations of the cabal, they will be promoted to Member in good standing.
- Remember to post in the introduction thread: http://forum.myextra...-introductions/
- Any character inactive for 3 or more months may be removed from the cabal.
- Due to the size of the cabal, cabal chat must be treated as a public address system, not as a private chat channel.
- Members may not beg for Pax or items in cabal chat (or via any other means).
- Members may not "spam" cabal chat or "shout" (messages in all caps) in cabal chat.
- Members are free to ask for or offer help to other members, but they may not offer, solicit or accept Pax or any other real or virtual commodity in return.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- There are no role-playing requirements within the cabal or in cabal chat.
- The Ventrilo server is for the use of cabal members. All Citizens and Philosophers may use the server, but use of the server is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the officers.
- Ventrilo channels marked "DND" are considered do-not-disturb channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the members in the channel first via whisper.
- The use of software agents to play background music is permitted in Ventrilo channels that are not considered common channels if no participants in the channel have an objection and the music itself does not violate the AIE policy.
- Recording in a Ventrilo channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.
PvE progression content is an area with huge potential for "drama", and causing conflicts within the cabal. AIE strives to avoid these, and to that end, has instituted these few policies:
- While the officers of AIE do not get involved in dungeon/raid team management, all of the cabal policies on member conduct apply in dungeon/raid settings as well.
- AIE provides an environment where members can organize and participate in dungeon/raid teams at their own discretion.
- AIE members are expected to behave with courtesy and respect towards other the other members of the team (e.g. in loot distribution or when recruiting from other teams).
- As in all cabal dealings, members are expected to consider the impact actions will have on others, and act in good faith toward team members, as well as other raid teams. Communication is key.
- Sportsmanlike conduct and proper decorum are expected in the battlegrounds.
- If you enter the battlegrounds, you are expected to participate. Players who enter the battlegrounds and simply go AFK (away from keyboard) or maintain a minimal amount of movement while failing to assist with the efforts of the rest of the faction participants will be removed from the cabal. If you must go AFK due to more urgent matters, you are expected to leave the battleground.
- We have no specific policy on looting rules (e.g. pass on BoP, need/greed, etc.) but we encourage our members to make sure everyone in a group is in agreement before the loot starts dropping. This is especially important when grouping with non-members.
- We will not tolerate ninja looting by any of our members.