- 1 Welcome Kupo!
- 2 About Us
- 3 How to Join
- 4 Policies
- 5 Officer List
- 6 FFXIV AIE Forums
- 7 Calendar of Events
Welcome to Alea Iacta Est's home for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Our Free Company is part of the larger AIE Gaming Community. We truly hope to provide a home for gamers regardless of which aspect of the game that they choose to enjoy. The purpose of this page is to give folks an easy reference guide for finding us, joining us, and before all of that, deciding if they even want to join us in the first place.
- Server: NA, Goblin
- Free Company: Alea Iacta Est, <AIE>
- Address: Plot 31, 10th Ward, Shirogane (Medium)
Now, let’s find out if you even want to summon your chocobo with us and ride off into the sunrise of Eorzea.
We are very focused on building a great community. Most of our policies can be described as common sense respect, but we do have some specifics.
We keep free company chat family friendly, this means we require our members to avoid swearing and discussing inappropriate subjects. We have many FC members that have small children and we ask everyone to behave accordingly.
Please also avoid spamming and trying to caps lock your way to glory.
Beyond keeping chat G-rated we do not allow inflammatory discussions - please avoid discussing politics, religion, or other “hot button” topics. There is a debate section of the ExtraLife forums that you are encouraged to participate in if you would like! If you have a question or concern regarding the way something is being handled we invite you to email the officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members are encouraged to create static groups, Raid Teams, PvP teams, FC events, and other game structures on their own. FC officers will support and facilitate these social groups within AIE. At times, you may see an officer startup one of these groups themselves. This is not an official group, but rather a player that wishes to run something in an organized fashion. The officers are FC mates and FFXIV players too!
How to Join
Step 1: Read over our Free Company Policies
Everyone is responsible for knowing and abiding to the Free Company Policies.
The Policies are listed below.
Step 2: Go to UMAMI, and create your UMAMI account
UMAMI is the Universal Multi-game AIE Membership Interface, and is used to apply to games and log into AIE services.
To do so, click on "Login" on the upper right corner of the UMAMI screen.
Then, click on “Need an account" under the login button.
Finally fill out the web form. We just need an account name, email address, and a password.
Once you have that, click on the "Send Activation Email" button. An email will be sent to you to verify your email address from email@example.com. If you do not receive the email in a few moments, please check your Junk/Spam folders. The email will have a link in it to activate your UMAMI account.
Step 3: Log into UMAMI and apply to the FFXIV Free Company
Now that you have your UMAMI account activated, you can log into UMAMI using your new username and password.
Click on the "Login" button on the upper right corner of UMAMI and then enter your username and password. Once you are logged in, you will see your username on the upper right corner.
To apply for membership in AIE, select the "Games" drop down from the upper left. From there, you will see the list of games that AIE has an official presence in. Click on the Final Fantasy XIV link to join the FFXIV FC. On the next screen, click on "New Application" to submit your application.
The next screen will ask you a few details about your character. Please enter your character's first and last name, race, current level, if you wish the character to be publicly displayed or remain anonymous, and a few survey questions.
Finally, please check the box that you have read and accepted our Free Company Policies and then click on the "Submit" button. This will send your application for review.
Step 4: Once Accepted, Get Your FC Invite!
Once your application is looked at and approved, you will receive an email that your application was approved. At this point, you can ask for an invite to the Free Company.
To find an on-duty officer easily, you can use our #lfo or #ffxiv channel in the AIE Discord. For your username, please use your character name to make it easier to verify your application.
Once youare in the officer channel, please ask one of these officers in the channel for a FC invite when you are online.
Step 4a: Offline Invite (Optional)
However, if no officer is available to get you your FC invite, do not dispair! You can do an offline invite! To do this, you will need to do some legwork on your own.
First off, you will need to make your way over the FC house. This is located in The Goblet, Plot 31, 10th Ward. The Goblet is the housing zone near Ul'dah.
When you get to our FC Manor, click on the Placard. This will bring up the Estate Profile.
Here, click on the magnifying glass on the right. This will then bring up the Free Company Profile.
From here, you can then click on the 'Submit Application' button on the bottom. You will then be able to submit an ingame application along with a small note to us.
Click on the confirm button, then yes to the confirmation dialogue to send off your offline application. The officers will see the app on the next login. To receive the invite, you do not need to be logged in.
Congratulations! Now you are a part of Alea Iacta Est!
Our policies specific to FFXIV are located at FFXIV:Free Company Policy
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game divisions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members may not harass other members, players, or game staff. If a player or staff member asks you to cease contact or interaction, please respect his or her wishes.
- All members must abide by the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service (ToS), and any other usage agreements within all games which Alea Iacta Est maintains a presence.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters actions. If your friend or family member logs onto one of your accounts and violates our policy, you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the Alea Iacta Est officers by sending e-mail to the appropriate officer e-mail address or to the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- Personal information supplied to the guild officers by applicants and members is considered privileged information and may only be used for purposes directly related to the administration of the guild. The information may only be shared with non-officers if the applicant of member has given explicit permission or where it is required by applicable laws.
Character and account naming policies.
- Character names may not be sexual references, illicit drug references, or scatological in nature. We reserve the right to exclude any characters whose name we feel would not represent AIE appropriately.
How members are expected to conduct themselves in dealings with other members, non-members, and game staff.
- We are all-ages and family-friendly. Members are expected to keep their conversations in the forums, game chat, and in public community channels suitable for children.
- Members may not beg for game currency or items.
- Members may ask for help from members at an equivalent level, but may not ask for power leveling or run-throughs. Members are encouraged to offer run-throughs for other members, but they may not solicit or accept currency or any other real or virtual commodity in return.
Grouping and Raiding
Raiding, operations, fleets, and other organized groups.
- Members may organize and participate in teams at their own discretion.
- Group and team members are expected behave with courtesy and respect towards other participants and other teams.
- Team members must consider the impact that changes to a team roster will have on others and act in good faith toward team members and teams.
- The guild has no looting rule preference for in-game items (e.g. pass on BoP, need/greed, etc.) but we encourage our members to make sure everyone in a group is in agreement before the loot starts dropping. This is especially important when grouping with non-members.
- Members must act in good faith regarding looting and gathering. We will not tolerate ninja looting by any of our members.
Player vs. Player (PvP)
Member conduct with respect to player versus player scenarios.
- Sportsmanlike conduct and proper decorum are expected in all PvP settings.
- If you enter a battleground, you are expected to participate. Players who enter the battle grounds and simply go AFK (away from keyboard) or maintain a minimal amount of movement while failing to assist with the efforts of the rest of the faction participants will be removed from the guild. If you must go AFK due to more urgent matters, you are expected to leave the battleground.
The RP in MMORPG.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in designated role-playing voice or text channels or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
This applies to the shared chat channels used within a game (i.e., guild chat, corporation chat, alliance chat).
- Messages should stand out based on their content instead of their formatting. Messages which use capitalization, repetition, or punctuation in a distracting manner are discouraged.
- Members may not use macros or add-ons to generate messages in chat channels. Macros may only be employed by officers for administrative purposes.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- Officers will not debate the guild policies in guild chat or whisper.
This policy applies to communication channels not supplied as part of a game, such as voice services and independent text chat.
- Unless stated otherwise, community communication services are for the sole use of AIE members. Use of the service is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the council or officers.
- Channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND) are considered semi-private channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the current occupants first.
- Members will refrain from displaying, linking to, or discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the Alea Iacta Est forums, game chat, or on voice services.
- You may take such topics to channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND). However, this designation may not prevent others from entering the channel. You must keep the discussion appropriate with respect to the audience at all times.
- You may also take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the FrogPants forums, or private services of your choice.
- The use of software agents to stream music or other audio data (i.e. music bots) is not permitted.
- Recording in a voice channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.
The official identity of the guild.
- While members are free to start their own guilds independently, such guilds are to remain distinct from Alea Iacta Est and recruitment shall not be conducted in the forums, game chat, or community communications. This should not prevent members or officers from establishing friendly relationships with other guilds or organizations.
Free Company Vault
- Members are free to use the free company vault as needed. Established characters are encouraged to place items useful for newer characters in the vaults and members are encouraged to use items from the vault to level and improve their characters.
- Taking items from the vault for the purpose of reselling an item is prohibited.
- Members are requested not to flood the vault with items of little value, or multiples of the same item.
- Gil, Crystals and Tab 3 will be locked to officers only. Special requests can be made to add items to or remove items from these tabs.