|DRAFT||This page is a work-in-progress intended for review. Direct editing of this page is discouraged. Please help improve the draft by asking questions or making suggestions on the discussion page.|
Alea Iacta Est (AIE) is a “big tent” community that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The community is one that values mutual respect and courtesy.
These standards of behavior apply to the interactions of Alea Iacta Est members, officers, and agents with other members, non-member players, and game staff.
Policies are not rules and cannot anticipate every situation or circumstance that may arise. Alea Iacta Est council members and officers may take administrative action with respect to individual membership and access to Alea Iacta Est's resources at their discretion.
If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies , let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers of the appropriate game or the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- This shall refer to the organizational structure for a given game, regardless of the game's terminology. This may be a guild, corporation, alliance, cabal, or clan.
- An organized collection of players within a particular game, members as well as non-members.
- A group which is organized for recurring activity (e.g. raiding parties, leveling groups, etc.).
- Available to all members of AIE.
- Available to both members and non-members.
Common Community Policy
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game divisions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members may not harass other members, players, or game staff. If a player or staff member asks you to cease contact or interaction, please respect his or her wishes.
- All members must abide by the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service (ToS), and any other usage agreements within all games which Alea Iacta Est maintains a presence.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters actions. If your friend or family member logs onto one of your accounts and violates our policy, you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the Alea Iacta Est officers by sending e-mail to the appropriate officer e-mail address or to the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- Personal information supplied to the guild officers by applicants and members is considered privileged information and may only be used for purposes directly related to the administration of the guild. The information may only be shared with non-officers if the applicant of member has given explicit permission or where it is required by applicable laws.
- EVE Online is not a game that we consider generally suitable for children. You must be 18 years old or older to join the corporation.
Character and account naming policies.
- Character names may not be sexual references, illicit drug references, or scatological in nature. We reserve the right to exclude any characters whose name we feel would not represent AIE appropriately.
- A full-access API key is required for each character in the corporation.
- Characters idle for 45 days or longer may be removed from the corporation.
- As a member corporation of Test Alliance Please Ignore [TEST], we expect all members to abide by the alliance bylaws.
The RP in MMORPG.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in designated role-playing voice or text channels or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
This applies to the shared chat channels used within a game (i.e., guild chat, corporation chat, alliance chat).
- Messages should stand out based on their content instead of their formatting. Messages which use capitalization, repetition, or punctuation in a distracting manner are discouraged.
- Members may not use macros or add-ons to generate messages in chat channels. Macros may only be employed by officers for administrative purposes.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- Officers will not debate the guild policies in guild chat or whisper.
This policy applies to communication channels not supplied as part of a game, such as voice services and independent text chat.
- Unless stated otherwise, community communication services are for the sole use of AIE members. Use of the service is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the council or officers.
- Channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND) are considered semi-private channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the current occupants first.
- Members will refrain from displaying, linking to, or discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the Alea Iacta Est forums, game chat, or on voice services.
- You may take such topics to channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND). However, this designation may not prevent others from entering the channel. You must keep the discussion appropriate with respect to the audience at all times.
- You may also take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the FrogPants forums, or private services of your choice.
- The use of software agents to stream music or other audio data (i.e. music bots) is not permitted.
- Recording in a voice channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.