ARK: Survival Evolved
AIE in ARK
AIE has formed a community in ARK. What is ARK? It plays like an MMO, but the servers are limited to hundreds of players instead of thousands. The game is in "early access" and is beta quality. The default is first-person perspective, players can create structures, and tame animals. But how are the graphics? ARK uses Unreal Engine 4, and it looks great! Welcome to "The Elder Scrolls: Land of the Lostcraft".
From the ARK wiki:
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame & ride the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements, while teaming up with or preying upon hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
With over 70+ different Creatures planned for final release each of which be tamed using a challenging Capture & Affinity process. Pets, which can continue to level-up and consume Food, can also carry Inventory and Equipment such as Armor, carry Prey back to your settlement depending on their strength. Fly a Pteranodon over the snow-capped mountains, lift allies over enemy walls, race through the jungle with a pack of Raptors, tromp through an enemy base along a gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging Tyrannosaurus! Take part in a dynamic ecosystem life-cycle with its own predator & prey hierarchies, where you are just one creature among many species struggling for dominance and survival.
How to Join
- Obtain a copy of ARK from Steam. There are sometimes $5 discount deals on the weekend for ARK.
- Follow this link: https://arkservers.net/server/220.127.116.11:27015 Click on the IP address.
- Run. No, really, start running. The T-Rex can smell your fear.
That's all there is to it. Make yourself known in chat; some people are there to help you! Others might just want to feed you to their dinos, so be cautious!
Alea Iacta Est (AIE) is a “big tent” community that encompasses many play styles and areas of interest. The community is one that values mutual respect and courtesy.
These standards of behavior apply to the interactions of Alea Iacta Est members, officers, and agents with other members, non-member players, and game staff.
Policies are not rules and cannot anticipate every situation or circumstance that may arise. Alea Iacta Est council members and officers may take administrative action with respect to individual membership and access to Alea Iacta Est's resources at their discretion.
If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies , let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers of the appropriate game or the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- This shall refer to the organizational structure for a given game, regardless of the game's terminology. This may be a guild, corporation, alliance, cabal, or clan.
- An organized collection of players within a particular game, members as well as non-members.
- A group which is organized for recurring activity (e.g. raiding parties, leveling groups, etc.).
- Available to all members of AIE.
- Available to both members and non-members.
Common Community Policy
- We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game divisions is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards.
- Members may not harass other members, players, or game staff. If a player or staff member asks you to cease contact or interaction, please respect his or her wishes.
- All members must abide by the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service (ToS), and any other usage agreements within all games which Alea Iacta Est maintains a presence.
- All members shall be held responsible for their respective accounts and characters actions. If your friend or family member logs onto one of your accounts and violates our policy, you will be held responsible as though you did it yourself.
- Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the Alea Iacta Est officers by sending e-mail to the appropriate officer e-mail address or to the Alea Iacta Est Council.
- Personal information supplied to the guild officers by applicants and members is considered privileged information and may only be used for purposes directly related to the administration of the guild. The information may only be shared with non-officers if the applicant of member has given explicit permission or where it is required by applicable laws.
These policies will evolve as the ARK community grows and changes.
Character and account naming policies.
- Character names may not be sexual references, illicit drug references, or scatological in nature. We reserve the right to exclude any characters whose name we feel would not represent AIE appropriately.
The RP in MMORPG.
- Role-playing is entirely optional. However, we ask that you respect the wishes of members in designated role-playing voice or text channels or at events planned specifically for role-playing.
This applies to the shared chat channels used within a game (i.e., guild chat, corporation chat, alliance chat).
- Messages should stand out based on their content instead of their formatting. Messages which use capitalization, repetition, or punctuation in a distracting manner are discouraged.
- Members may not use macros or add-ons to generate messages in chat channels. Macros may only be employed by officers for administrative purposes.
- Members engaging in topics or styles of discussion that are disruptive, immature, or better suited for alternate venues will be asked to take their discussions to private channels.
- Officers will not debate the guild policies in guild chat or whisper.
This policy applies to communication channels not supplied as part of a game, such as voice services and independent text chat.
- Unless stated otherwise, community communication services are for the sole use of AIE members. Use of the service is not permitted for non-members unless prior permission has been granted by the council or officers.
- Channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND) are considered semi-private channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the current occupants first.
- Members will refrain from displaying, linking to, or discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the Alea Iacta Est forums, game chat, or on voice services.
- You may take such topics to channels marked Do Not Disturb (DND). However, this designation may not prevent others from entering the channel. You must keep the discussion appropriate with respect to the audience at all times.
- You may also take such topics to a private channel, the debate board section of the FrogPants forums, or private services of your choice.
- The use of software agents to stream music or other audio data (i.e. music bots) is not permitted.
- Recording in a voice channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws.
Player vs. Player (PvP)
Member conduct with respect to player versus player scenarios. ARK has a strong PvP component, and members should expect to encounter it at some point and are encouraged to embrace it.
- PvP is any player-vs-player action, including but not limited to:
- player killing
- destroying or disabling player owned structures
- killing or disabling player owned animals
- No griefing.